Moodle May 2019 courses are now available on both Moodle 2 (https://moodlearchive.depauw.edu/) and Moodle 3 (https://moodle3.depauw.edu/) systems, and I would like to share with you some helpful information regarding Moodle.
- Moodle 3 - All May 2019 courses have been generated on both Moodle 2 and Moodle 3 systems. Your backups of prior courses from the current system may be restored to the Moodle 3.5 system in the usual manner. If you choose to use Moodle 3 for May 2019, your students may find it helpful if you provide a link to your Moodle 3 site on the course’s Moodle 2 site. Click here for FITS’ recommended steps to place this link. We will keep you apprised of information related to the upgrade through email, the DePauw Helpdesk Blog, and the FITS Moodle Upgrade Information webpage.
- Course visibility - All courses are initially set up as hidden to students, so you can create your course privately. When you are ready for your students to access the course, make your course visible to students under Course Administration/Edit Settings/General/Visible (Moodle 2), or under Gear icon at the course title bar/Edit Settings/General/Course visibility (Moodle 3). To avoid student confusion, please create a calendar reminder for yourself to make it visible at the proper time.
- Drop/add adjustment period - Changes in enrollment are completed automatically during the adjustment period. There may be a couple of business hours time lag between the time the Registrar processes the drop/add request and the change is seen in Moodle. Please note that Moodle enrollment only applies to the currently active term. If you need a class roster updated for a future term, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IT KnowledgeBase - Moodle step-by-step instructions are available on the IT KnowledgeBase ( http://kb.depauw.edu/?page_id=2251 ).
- Library Course Reserves - Visit the Putting Items on Reserve ( http://www.depauw.edu/libraries/services/reserves/reserves/ ) library page for instructions on placing electronic items on reserve for access through Moodle. Please contact Access Services at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Course Request Form - To request a non-academic course on the Moodle server, complete the Course Request Form ( http://tinyurl.com/courserequestdpu ).
Please let us know if you have any questions.